Friday 25 June 2010

Portugal 0 - Brazil 0



As today is Friday (so I'm wiped from this week at work) and the tall bloke has surpassed himself with the offerings from the home v. world kitchen, I agreed that we should go out. However! We did not break the spirit of our World Cup food diary, so we went to Nandos restaurant for some Portuguese chicken and chips.

My apologies for the low quality image - it was taken with my Blackberry but this is no reflection of its capabilities, only a display of my poor talents as a photographer. I'm not entirely sure why I didn't snap it with the tall bloke's brand new i-phone 4, which arrived this morning. He hasn't stopped playing with it all day. I'm afraid he's going to become another one of those "its changed my life" type i-phone owners. Oh well, must remember tall bloke now has that bit of kit.

My Mum makes the meanest coleslaw I've ever tasted - perhaps this is because it is the original version of it for me, but I've tasted a great many world wide and really nothing beats Mum's recipe. She says it is much cheaper to make it yourself, especially if you are feeding the 5000 at a BBQ.

Mum uses the food processor to cut up the carrot, white cabbage and onion, but you can use a mandolin (if you are brave enough!). After all these raw ingredients are chopped, add full fat mayonnaise, a large splash of orange juice and 2 dashes of vinegar. Stir in each element, before adding the next. Add salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment