Saturday 12 June 2010

Come on England!


To celebrate England's first match in the 2010 FIFA World Cup tournament, the tall bloke will be serving roast chicken. This is my all time favourite meal - I am known amongst my friends and colleagues to have the appetite of a bird, but when roast chicken is offered, I am always back for seconds! Obviously this is another dish we eat fairly often (Sundays usually - I'm quite a traditionalist), so the tall one changes the seasoning of the chicken and the accompanying vegetables. Tonight's version is as follows:

Menu

Roast chicken in lemon and garlic
Roast potatoes in ground nut oil
Roast carrots in honey and cumin (inspired by this story kindly supplied by The Nashman)
Tender stem broccoli
Sauteed courgette
Home made gravy (using juices of chicken)


No comments:

Post a Comment