Thursday 22 July 2010

Paraguay 0 - Japan 0


Tonight's menu was from the South American state of Paraguay, which we enjoyed as they drew with Japan, but went on to win 5:3 on penalty shoot out. Always a harsh way to leave a competition, but better than the old fashioned way of simply tossing a coin I suppose.

I couldn't believe it when the tall bloke pulled SO'O KU'I - a Paraguayan pie filled with mince - out of the oven. He even made the pie dough himself; he couldn't quite mask his own surprise that the dish turned out so well, on the first try. There is no photograph on the recipe he found on-line, but took a good one before serving me a large slice.

This meal is worthy of special praise and I urge you all to try it. It was seriously impressive and a really delicious, hearty meal - kind of like a South American version of a Cornish Pasty. Top marks tall man.

1 comment: